Sunday, January 18, 2015

Rain, Rain, and More Rain




I keep looking out the window fully expecting my back yard to look like the two photos above. This day has been awful starting out with black ice, then rising temps and pouring rain. My gutters are flowing freely and the house is nice and warm so I don't really mind. I had real estate appointments that were rescheduled, thankfully. There has been almost no traffic on my street so most people didn't bother to go out. The first time I did, I lost my footing and down I went but I'm fine. Webster was slipping and sliding too and Tabitha was not amused. What an terrible day! Tomorrow is supposed to be fine. I'm sure the areas around The Great Swamp are under water.


Good Advice.
images

4 comments:

Karen in VA (was CT) said...

Oh I hear it has been soggy there. A friend posted a video on Instagram of her back yard in CT ... It was a swamp. I can only imagine how hard it's been raining.

We had heavy rain this am too, but it ended around 2 ....

Be careful on that ice ... A broken wrist would be quite unfortunate.

Karen in VA

Sue said...

That top photo is gorgeous---I would put a bench in that little clearing.

Glad you were ok. You need to get a pair of those Stabilicers---I never go out without them on. They really grip ice, even thin ice. Be careful out there!

tammy j said...

oh my gosh rosemary!
i hope you won't be sore.
for some reason all the places you hit in a fall sometimes don't show up til days later.
had to laugh . . .
"tabitha was not amused"
at the ice in general no doubt.
not your falling! xo

Gail, northern California said...

Falling....that's my biggest fear now that I live alone. Please be very careful, Rosemary. All it takes is a split second. A friend of mine was running to the bathroom + stocking feet + hardwood floors = disaster/broken hip/surgery. She's doing fine now but as she said, if nothing else it taught me not to wait until the last-minute. ;-)