Saturday, July 19, 2014

My wild raspberries are ripe.

You don't know what you are missing if you've never tasted a wild one.

I have a bumper crop of wild raspberries this year. I can stand in one spot and pick a cereal bowl full. The cultivated ones in the market can't compare. I just got back from a before breakfast with Webster and I ate quite a few straight off the vines. He still has no interest in my new seating furniture in the living room. He is living up to his Wonder Dog nickname. Have a great weekend and I will too. I am so enjoying this cooler weather with open windows and no air conditioning. I think I have finally caught up on my sleep after being up with Webster and his ailing leg this week. He is definitely 100% cured and we are both so relieved. xo

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad Webster is doing well and you are so right about wild berries, yummo!!!!Enjoy your weekend!

Karen in VA (was CT) said...

All good news ... Thanks for the updates. I am so happy that Webster is all better. How fortunate that you have delicious raspberries that you can pick for breakfast.

We are having cool weather (for us) but not cool enough to throw open the windows.

Karen in VA

JudyMac said...

Atta boy, Webster, we know what a great dog you are! I think everyone, at least in my neck of the woods, is enjoying the cooler weather and a bit of rain. The Southwest, however, never seems to get much of a break in the summertime. Stay cool!